- How We Help
- Youth Disorders
Our free resources help you stay informed and educated about mental health, brain development, and childhood trauma as well as how Camber is working toward building healthier communities.
- About Us
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
Camber Children’s Mental Health strives to employ team members who reflect the diverse cultures of the children, families, and communities we are privileged to serve. We work to create atmospheres where employees, clients, and visitors feel free of judgment and are fully able to receive and provide help.
One of our organizational values is, “Diverse perspectives are key to our progress.” By putting Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) in the foreground, we are having important conversations that spark innovation and healthy change in our culture.
Our Committment to DEIB
Our Camber DEIB council meets regularly to discuss urgent and strategic needs and initiatives to ensure our commitment to DEIB efforts stays a top priority and that we are practicing innovative thinking and collaboration. Camber is focused on honoring individuality, uniting team members, and empowering clients to provide the best quality of services.
To achieve these goals, we invested in developing DEIB trainers at our treatment centers throughout Kansas in Kansas City, Wichita and Hays. These trainers educate employees and promote DEIB practices throughout all functions from employee recruitment to client treatment. We are also evaluating all policies and processes related to employee and client experiences to ensure we enhance DEIB practices in all ways possible.
Recent DEIB-Inspired Initiatives & Successes
We are one of over 2,200 signatories of CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion, the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. Read more here: KVC Health Systems and Subsidiary Leaders Sign CEO Action for Diversity and Inclusion Pledge.
Our involvement in CEO Action is helping us cultivate a workplace where diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected, and where our people feel encouraged to share their voice. Together, we are making good on the inherent promise that all of our people should be able to bring their best selves to work and unleash their full potential.
Some of our recent efforts to deepen DEIB within our existing culture, programs and services include:
- Actively recruiting diverse professionals to become employees (learn more)
- Educating communities about the mental health needs of LGBTQIA+ individuals and sharing resources (learn more)
- Converting restrooms to be gender neutral
- Developing an inclusive LGBTQIA+ language guide to help educate and empower team members
- Providing diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging training to all team members
- Publicly stating our DEIB commitment on our front doors and lobbies
- Using surveys to ask employees, clients and supporters how well we treat individuals and respect diversity
- Providing mental health resources in Spanish to help more people receive education and awareness. Check out some videos here.
- Hosting diverse employee engagement events and activities to cultivate learning, community and belonging
Join the Camber Team
At Camber, you are part of a team where you work hard for Camber’s children and each other. This is life-saving work that comes with the gratification and joy of watching children and families grow and knowing the important role you played in it. Working at Camber can change lives – demonstrating how kindness, connection and believing in others can make all the difference.
If you have a passion for helping others through compassionate care, we hope you’ll join our Camber Team. Learn more about Camber careers.