- How We Help
- Youth Disorders
Our free resources help you stay informed and educated about mental health, brain development, and childhood trauma as well as how Camber is working toward building healthier communities.
- About Us
Admissions & Referrals
Welcome to Camber Children’s Mental Health (formerly KVC Hospitals), where we provide inpatient hospitalization and residential treatment for youth ages 6 to 18 who need intensive and expert care to achieve mental health wellness. Please use the information and links below to guide your next steps in requesting to admit a child or teen to Camber.
Our admissions team is here to connect with you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please call us at (913) 890-7468 or click one of the links below to learn more and contact us online.
If you are a parent or guardian seeking information about admission, click below:
If you are a healthcare or community partner seeking to refer a child for care, click below:
For inpatient hospitalization – a child’s guardian can call us directly to admit their child. A referral can also be made by a primary physician, community mental health center, school counselor, hospital emergency department, case manager, or another person involved in a child’s wellbeing. Guardian consent is required for admission. Learn about our inpatient care.
Please note: Inpatient hospitalization is for youth who are actively experiencing a mental health emergency and displaying unsafe behaviors that make them a threat to themselves or others. For immediate intervention in an active emergency, go to your local emergency room or community mental health center right away, or call 911. You can also call the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline at 988.
For non-emergent needs, we offer residential treatment.
For residential treatment – admission begins with a referral from the child’s insurance company or community mental health center. Guardian consent is required for admission. Learn about our residential care.
- Learn more about inpatient hospital treatment
- Learn more about residential treatment
- View our Admissions Handbook in English or in Spanish
- Financial Assistance Policy (Full)
- Financial Assistance Policy (Plain Language)
- Financial Aid Application
- Charge Master of Shoppable/Ancillary Services
- KVC participates in the electronic sharing of health information with other healthcare providers and health plans in the state of Kansas through an approved health information organization. Read more about your rights regarding electronic health information technology here.
If you prefer to talk to us on the phone, call us at (913) 890-7468.